Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Reflection Piece on Habakkuk 3:17-19


Habakkuk 3:17-19 ESV
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
    nor fruit be on the vines,
(When all of life seems dark and gloomy, when everything around feels empty and dead, when life seems meaningless and void…)

the produce of the olive fail
    and the fields yield no food,
(When the cupboards are empty, and the fridge is bare, when we don’t know where our next meal is coming from, when our children cry out with hunger…)

the flock be cut off from the fold
    and there be no herd in the stalls,
(When money is tight or non-existent, when our paycheck just doesn’t stretch, when bill collectors won’t stop, when the only way out appears to be digging deeper into debt, when we are facing financial ruin, when all hope seems lost…)

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
    I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
(I will choose to bask in the glory and beauty and majesty of the King of kings and the Lord of lords. I will choose to draw upon the well that never runs dry. I will choose to receive my sustenance from the life giver and the sustainer of all things. I will abide in the presence of God and allow His joy His love His hope His grace His mercy His provision His power, His Spirit to flow over me…)

19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the deer's;
    he makes me tread on my high places.
(And, when I choose to do this… He will prepare the way before me and give me a Spirit of freedom and put a prance in my step, He will guide me in all things and He will offer cushion to my steps. I won’t worry for I know who holds tomorrow. I won’t fear because I serve the conquer of all fear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment