Friday, October 8, 2021

Hope Together

Hope Together


Camaraderie is paramount to healthy living. One of the earliest pieces of advice I got as a young man starting out in marriage was to find friends that we both could share and develop deep meaningful relationships with them because when life gets rough, those friendships will be your life boat. The same advice was given to me later on in a ministry context. Seldom has any truer words ever been spoken to me. I read one definition for the word, camaraderie - “a spirit of good friendly fellowship.” I think that aligns pretty well with our overall perception and use of the word. And, it is so needed these days. I would argue that there is no better place to find that level of genuine, authentic care and concern, than in the church. Not a Sunday morning service but in community. I think we can all agree that life sucks at times. It just does. We can choose to hide from the bullets whizzing by us or we can choose to stand alone in the face of it and get ourselves shot. However, there is a third option that is way better. And let me be clear, standing alone, even as a Christian, is just dumb. The third option is to surround yourselves with like-minded believers, develop strong relationships with them and let them help you in the fight. Live together and die together and with Jesus in your midst you will have hope in victory, even in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment