Saturday, January 8, 2022

Wait and Trust

Why is it so hard for to wait on God, to have patience, trusting God to what He promises He will do? Abram's wife Sarai, came up with what she thought was a great plan to fulfill God's word. One problem, it wasn't God's plan! The majority of my most painful lessons that I have learned in life have come when I tried to impose my plan on God and make things happen my way and in my time. I use to sell life insurance. I remember one of my coaches one time got flustered with me. I was new and anxious to get results. I began making suggestions on ways I thought might work better during a meeting with other sales reps and our coaches. He became sarcastic in his tone and made the remark that if I thought I could do this better then let me try and fail. He was right! Who was I to question the methods when what they did clearly worked. It would have been one thing had they not seen positive results but they had huge gains and I should've spent more time listening rather than speaking. They knew what they were talking about. God knows what he is doing. He doesn't need our help, and yet, we continue to try and give it to him. He wants us doing his work and fulfilling his will but only his way and in his time. The sooner we get that through our “thick skulls,” as my daddy used to say to us boys, the better off we will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment